Translate

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Stitched double eyelid

*Updated with Calis' Writeup on her Experience! Thanks Calis for your contribution!


From Calis : 

Why did I do it? People have told me I have big eyes but due to my single eyelids, they were not obvious. Only when I had sessions with Ting then my big eyes will come out under her skills. During the makeup workshop, we were discussing about it and this little seed took root and somehow I just made a decision and contacted the TCS Aesthetic Clinic at Central for an appointment.


1st Appointment The clinic is very popular even with appointments; there is still quite a long waiting time. The first appointment was for one of the doctors to access if my eyes were suitable for the procedure and they would use the eyelid sticks to stimulate a fold to roughly estimate how it would look. They would also take photos to record how you look. After this appointment, I booked my surgery date (actually it’s not exactly a surgery). Payment was around $500 plus as deposit and part of the overall costs.
Surgery Day Long wait! There were also quite a few forms to fill up. The staff would stimulate the eyelid folds again to show what options were available. I needed to decide how high the fold will be and also if I wanted it to be parallel or starting from the inner corner of my eyes. I went for mid height and parallel. I was not advised to go any higher as the fold will not be able to fold over naturally at the inner corners of my eyes. This took quite a long time as I had to resist the urge to blink after the staff does the fold and do markings with a pen. After the markings were finally done, they photographed me again for records. I still had to wait for the doctor doing the surgery to be free. During this period, I paid for and collected all my medication and also the healing aid – it was optional and payable. The overall fees plus meds and all came to about $2.7K

Surgery Process
Once I am showed into the surgery room, everything moved very quickly. It was over in around less than 30 minutes. It hurt most when the doctor injected the anaesthetic into the eyelids as the skin is very thin. I almost regretted the whole decision at that moment. Luckily the pain faded very fast. However, I must say… the sensation is not pleasant. I could feel that the doctor is stitching your eyelids as you can feel the thread on your face and also sometimes he will press against my face and I can feel my lids being pulled on. The doctor and the assistant would do a count to make sure all the stitches were in place. I could open my eyes but it was not pleasant as the skin has been pulled up. The assistant helped me into another room where I was told to rest for half an hour and she applied an ice bag to my lids to help with the swelling. The after effects of the surgery actually looked a little scary… I was pretty shocked. My eyelids looked grossly swollen and one side of my left lid was sticking out in a strange angle. There was also a pulling sensation making it a little uncomfortable. Remember to bring sunglasses to hide behind when going home.

Healing Period The first few days swelling will be horrid and it is advisable to get an ice pack and keep using it to bring the swelling down. For me, it was not painful so I did not really finish the pain killers but took the anti-swelling medication more seriously. I also went out wearing glasses so that the swollen lids were not so obvious. During this period, it would be best not to take any seafood or food that might cause inflammation. I needed to use eyedrops as my eyes were drier due to the lids being pulled up slightly. This would go away as healing took place. It took about 1-2 weeks for the swelling to come down so it would be very hard to hide the fact I did something to my eyes so I was pretty upfront about it to colleagues. The 1st review with the doctor is in around 1 week after surgery day for the doctor to check how the stitches were healing. Only after 1 week then it was ok to use makeup etc on lids. Doctor also advise to use eyeliner to cover up how swollen the eyelids were. It took about 1 month or so to be fully recovered and there was a 2nd review for the doctor to check and take photo records. Then that was it!


Thanks to Calis for allowing me to post this before and after picture. This is to benefit the girls who has single eyelids and have to paste eyelids stickers daily.
Calis finally set her mind during the makeup party to do the double eyelid stitching after she saw how big hers eyes were actually if she had double eyelids.  She has done it recently and has healed completely.  She updated me from the time she did her procedure till she healed (est abt 2 weeks).
We are both excited to see how successful the mini surgery is. She is now a double eyelid big eye babe compared to the single eyelid she used to have. Super freaking natural! In fact her double eyelids look more real than my born with double eye lids! Faint.
She has done a few shoots with me and I have seen how big her eyes are if we converted her single eyelids to double. Thus from the transformation makeup she had done, it more or less have boosted her confidence to go for the double eyelid procedure to improve her outlook permanently.
With her graciousness to share this, I am sharing an option to those girls who have always dreaded their single eyelids to go for this procedure because rather than being single eyelid and not confident of your look, you could get them converted and be happy and confident moving forward! It is a really bearable procedure with minimum pain (every individual has different pain threshold) and an affordable one (my opinion).  You do not have to be low esteemed for your whole life due to the single eyelids that you do not really like. You have a choice to change your life.  This applies only to those girls who prefers double eyelids. There are of course girls who love their single eyelids and look great with them!
This is not an advertorial but we are sharing the information of her procedure to benefit my followers. She is volunteering her testimonial exclusively to my followers.
Calis had her procedure performed at TCS central mall. She spent in all about 2.7k (might be different because it depends on individual's medical complications and subject to clinic's rate). It is assured by the doctor that it is "revertable"and "editable".  However, I need to highlight that for any good reviews, there are bound to be unforeseen circumstances for every individual. You need to have your own judgement and good grasp of your own medical history. Do share what you like and worries with the doctor.  Hopefully you can achieve your own success story. With any medical surgery, there are bound to have its risk. You need to know and find out all the pros and cons personally from the doctor before subjecting yourself to any surgical operation.

I hereby clarify that I am not directly or indirectly encouraging cosmetic surgery or surgery at the mentioned clinic.  I am merely sharing an information on my platform and providing a testimonial from a friend's experience.  You are not to hold me responsible for any choice that you make after seeing this post.  You make your own choice.  Good luck!

I will update again with her thoughts before and after she did her procedure. (Done~!)

No comments: